This Privacy Statement describes the types of personal information we collect about clients, how we collect it, the purpose of collecting it, its use and disclosure, security, changes and complaints.
From 12 March 2014, the Australian Federal Government’s Privacy Laws came into effect, embodying the 13 Australian Privacy Principles, covering all personal information held by organisations.
These laws regulate, among other matters, the way organisations collect, use, disclose, secure and allow people access to personal information.
WHAT SORT OF PERSONAL INFORMATION IS HELD/COLLECTED GENERALLY
The personal information we collect will generally include -
Your name, address, date of birth, contact details and other personal details;
Basic financial information if required to do so by law or if necessary in connection with any claim.
HOW PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
We collect your personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. When collecting personal information from you, we may collect it in ways including:
- Vendors instructions - sale authorities
- Use of our website
- During conversations between you and our representatives
- Through you giving us your business card
- When an enquiry is made by telephone, mail, face to face, via our website
- When you provide your details to us at an open for inspection property inspection or auction
- When you enquire or negotiate with us with respect to purchasing, selling or letting property
- Other collection which is incidental or indirectly related to our business.
- From third parties which include credit reporting agencies
PURPOSES FOR COLLECTING/HOLDING THE INFORMATION
- We collect personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide our services to you
- So we may respond to your enquiries
- To process your sale, purchase or letting
- To approve transactions you wish to make
- Ensuring compliance with statutory obligations
- To confirm details to companies, banks, etc who contact us on your behalf
- Completion any necessary documentation to Tribunals, Courts and Statutory Authorities
HOW PERSONAL INFORMATION IS USED AND DISCLOSED GENERALLY
- Your consent
Sometimes we will ask you to consent to a disclosure or use of your personal information for a particular purpose. We may do so in writing or over the phone. Often, your consent will be taken to be given, where you indicate to us that you wish to obtain information about any of the services that we provide.
We do not rent, sell or otherwise disclose your Personal Information to any other company or organisation, without your prior consent, where that consent is required by law.
We will at times disclose or use your personal information without your consent in the following circumstances:
- To related companies
- To prospective purchasers / vendors to negotiate the sale / purchase of a / your property
- To companies that provide services to us
- With your consent or where it is necessary to provide you with services
- Where required to do so by Law
- To organisations who co-operate with us in offering products or services.
- To necessary Tribunals and statutory bodies
- To your legal representatives or conveyancers charged with production of documentation
- To debt collection agents for collection of debts incurred
- Disclosures incidental to our marketing of our services and in seeking potential clients
- To the general public when advertising or marketing your property in all formats and across
forums and platforms to media, to other professionals and third parties as required by law
DIRECT MARKETING and INTERNET BASED ADVERTISING
You accept and agree that where we reasonably determine it to be appropriate, we may add some of your Personal Information including any of your contact details to our database and databases of our affiliate companies for ongoing marketing and sales related purposes.
At any time you may unsubscribe from direct marketing communication you receive from us
We have a presence on social media including Facebook, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter etc.. Depending on the particular platform, we may collect, use, handle, store and disclose, in the manner described herein, personal information, including and without limitation.
When you interact with us via social media, you consent to any personal information you disclose being collected, used and disclosed by us in the manner described herein.
Given the architecture of social media platforms you should be aware that interactions on social media may become publicly visible to all users of that platform immediately.
We reserve the right to remove any photos, comments or other material from social media sites belonging to us or to which we contribute
SECURITY OF YOUR DATA
We securely store your personal information using industry standards for security of information in order to safeguard it from misuse, disclosure, alteration or destruction. However, you agree that the Internet is inherently insecure and we can only use our best endeavors to secure your personal information.
Corrections and / or Complaints
If you feel we do not have any of your details correct, you may correct your information by contacting us by telephone or e-mail likewise if you wish to make a complaint about how we may have misused your personal information.
Telephone - 03 902 88771
e-mail - firstname.lastname@example.org with the word Privacy in the subject bar