Dispute Resolution & Making a Complaint

How to make a complaint

We always want to listen to any problems or complaints brought to our attention so if you feel you have a dispute or an complaint to raise please follow the procedure outlined here and we will try our best to explain or reach an amicable resolution.

You should first raise the issue directly with your agent, representative or asset manager who is handling your sale, purchase or letting.

If you are not satisfied with the outcome, you can raise your complaint to us by
• phone (during business hours) 03 902 88771
• or bye e-mail admin@michaelkeating.international marked Dispute in the subject bar

Please provide as much detail as possible about your complaint and include your desired outcome.
If you need help describing or sending your complaint, or if you would like to discuss your concerns informally first, please feel free to contact us.

How we will handle your complaint

The issues you raise will be examined fully.
We will treat the process, and all the details of your complaint, in the strictest confidence.

If we need to discuss any issues arising from your complaint with a third party we will obtain your consent beforehand.
We will always give you fair opportunity to explain your case.

You should make your initial complaint as clear as possible including all details.

How long will it take?

We will try to resolve your complaint as soon as possible. However, how long this takes will depend on the nature and complexity of the issues you have raised.

We will acknowledge receipt of your complaint within two business days and give you an estimate of the likely timeline. We will try to finalise the matter within five business days and update you throughout the process.

What action will we take in response?

If we decide that your complaint is justified, we will then decide what action we should take in response. We will always try to match our response to your desired outcome, however this is not always possible, practical or equitable - but we will always attempt to do so.

Things we may do include -
• Take appropriate steps to rectify the issue you have raised
• Provide you with additional information or advice so you can understand what happened, why and the way which we have dealt with it
• Change our procedures if your complaint identifies an issue in the way we are doing providing our service.

Still unhappy?
It wont always be possible to resolve a complaint to everyone’s satisfaction, and you may want to escalate the matter.

The Estate Agents Resolution Service (EARS) at Consumer Affairs Victoria
can deal with inquiries and complaints about real estate agents and it offers information, advice and dispute resolution services on real estate issues.
You can telephone EARS on 1300 73 70 30 weekdays to discuss your complaint.

Get In Touch

Michael Keating International


Office Info

Michael Keating International


Stay Connected